Now that I’m in my off-season I can expand my palate a little, which is why I bring you this recipe. Of course it’s still healthy – off-season isn’t a reason to just eat anything and everything carte blanche. I still eat clean and I ensure my meals are balanced. With 13 grams of protein per serving, and 13 grams of fat coming from avocado and egg yolk, it’s a healthy snack anytime! Throw in some ezekiel bread to make a sandwich and you have a whole meal
This recipe comes courtesy of “the boy”!
- 1 whole avocado (mashed)
- 4 eggs (hard boiled)
- 1 tbsp onion (diced) – or to taste
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- SERVES 2
- In a small bowl mash the avocado and (peeled) hard boiled eggs. Ensure the eggs are cooled before you begin.
- Add diced onion.
- Stir in paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, and lime juice.
- Start adding in mustard. You may find you’ll want more mustard than the suggested 2 tablespoons. The boy tells me “I just kinda eye ball it.”
- Eat as a sandwich, or on it’s own depending on your macros.