Are you sitting down? I’m about to change your life…
Okay, that’s probably a little extreme. But, seriously, sit down for this…
What’s better than PB and chocolate?
How about PB, chocolate, honey, and… chickpeas! No, I’m serious. Hey, if we can make black bean brownies, then damnit, we’re using chickpeas! And, get this, NO oil! That’s right, Renee, NO OIL! (a little inside joke there)
As an added bonus, they’re grain and gluten free – if you care about that. I care that they’re healthy and freakin’ delicious!
The recipe is suuuper easy and uses just a few simple ingredients. It was adapted from Texanerin Baking.
- 1 1/4 cups canned chickpeas – rinsed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup+2 tbsp (165g) natural peanut butter – you MUST use natural peanut butter, otherwise these will be too OILY
- 1/4 cup (80g) honey – apparently you can use agave too
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (90g) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients, except the choc chips, in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the chocolate chips.
- Wet your hands (great tip to make the dough balls) then form 1 1/2″ balls – I ended up with 15 balls. Place on parchment paper on a baking sheet. You can flatten them a little, if you want them to be more cookie-like.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Calories – 130
- Fat – 4.4g
- Carb – 10.6g
- Protein – 2.8g