This is meal 4 in my new meal plan, replacing my favourite meal of the day: Greek yoghurt, cottage cheese and mixed nuts. Dennis has also reduced the 1/2 avocado in my protein avocado shake to 1/4, and removed the whole egg from my flank steak omelette. Which, obviously means, we are reducing fats with 4 weeks to go to the Windsor OPA show.
I love chicken breast with asparagus as a side dish, so why not combine the two in an egg white omelette? Genius – and delicious!
- Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle (bought on eBay)
- Chopped coriander, to taste
- Diced jalapeño
- Chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped asparagus
- 4oz chicken breast, chopped – I had chicken pre-cooked, I also use ground chicken
- 4 egg whites = 125ml or 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp macadamia nut or avocado oil
- Pre-heat frying pan on medium heat, add oil
- If you’re using pre-cooked chicken, you can add all chicken, asparagus coriander, onions and jalapeño together, and heat through
- To soften the raw asparagus, lower the heat slightly and put the lid on it – this essentially steams the asparagus
- When the greens turn bright green, it’s a good indicator they’re steamed/cooked
- Remove the lid and arrange to one side of the pan
- Pour egg whites over chicken and veg first to ensure an egg base, then tip pan so that it spreads out evenly
- Add seasonings – get creative, you can use anything: cumin, curry powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, basil, etc…
- Leave to cook until the egg starts to bubble
- Carefully slide the spatula under the omelette, when it feels pretty solid and you can get the spatula all the way under….
- Flip again. It’s not 100% necessary to do this step
- Either eat right away, or slide into your food container to take with you to work
I topped mine with Frank’s Red Hot