These go quickly at home. If you’re not used to cooking with protein, or you haven’t acquired a taste for real peanut butter (not the sugar-laden, preservative-full kind), then these may not be what you expect. They’re not packed with sugar and butter like the store bought peanut butter cookies. And, because of the protein powder, are a little crumbly.
I LOVE them, they’re so quick and easy to make!
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (Costco or Bulk Barn)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup Splenda or other sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Use your hands to work the mixture into a ball that looks something like this
- Break off chunks and roll into a 1 inch balls
- Arrange on cookie tray and gently press with fork
- Place in oven and bake for approx. 12-15 minutes