I got inspiration for this recipe from here. I made some changes though, that makes this a pretty healthy cookie for clean eaters.
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup splenda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
The original recipe calls for vegetable oil. I opted for coconut oil because of its many health benefits.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, coconut oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10-15 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
Were you aware you can’t put wax paper in the oven?
So… I had all my little cookie balls plonked down on some wax paper ready for the oven when I thought: maybe I should google “wax paper+oven”
It’s a good thing, too. Apparently you’re not suppose to bake it, unless you want a melted, waxy, mess.
I had to re-dollop my cookie batter on PARCHMENT paper.