This is in my meal plan phase, but you can adjust the measurements to suit your tastes. I cook this every morning, and still make it into work by 5:30am! No, I don’t wake up at 3am just to eat breakfast! This recipe is super fast and easy to make.
It took me a few attempts to perfect my omelette-making abilities, but now I have it down pat and I’ll explain it in detail below.
- 3oz flank beef (bought at Costco)
- 125ml liquid egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp hemp hearts (bought at Costco or select health food store)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 1 tbsp avocado or macadamia nut oil (bought at Highland Farms grocery store)
- Coriander, Garlic Plus seasoning (Costco), bell pepper, green onion – all to taste
- Put oli and beef in frying pan, on med high heat
- Meanwhile, prepare your fixin’s!
- When the beef is cooked to your liking, add the extras and fry until softened
- Add spinach and coriander and cook until wilted. Push to one side of the pan to prepare for the eggs
- Whisk egg and egg whites together and pour over beef and veg in the pan, allow the egg mixture to spread out on its own. I always pour over the beef and veg first to ensure there’s a concentration there, to provide a “base” for the omelette. Throw on the seasonings at this stage.
- While that’s cooking I get ready for work
,make coffee ,stare off into space wishing I was still in bed. After approximately 5 minutes carefully check to see if you can lift the omelette from the pan, starting around the edges. Take your time! When you can get the spatula completely under the omelette, flip one half over
- Then carefully flip again
- Serve and Eat!!
I usually add Frank’s Red Hot sauce to top it off
Let me know what you think, or any additions you’ve tried…